Novo Portal de
Emprego das Tecnologias de Informação
Empresas em Destaque
Think Attitude develops the concept of "Business for People" by implementing active policies to accompany employees in all phases of their career. Composed of a growing team of technology consultants, we offer a wide range of professional and personal growth opportunities for the entire team.
We are now recruiting a Unix Application Administrator (m/f) for one of our main clients, located in Lisbon.
Due to the systems engineering oriented profile of the UnixApp team, the primary requirement is for a person with a good understanding of Unix / Linux, the middleware infrastructure configurations and deployed applications. This will include configuration, administration / troubleshooting and using industry ‘Best Practices’ for the associated technologies.
Specific technical skills requirement:
• Unix exposure – AIX, hardware configuration, boot modes, good all-round O/S
diagnostics knowledge 5 years min experience;
• Linux – Suse (SLES) & Red Hat (RHEL). A minimum of 5 years exposure (both CLI
and management interfaces), full SA experience, capacity planning, performance
monitoring, fault diagnosis, OS & build & patch installation, filesystem and
storage knowledge, cluster / and IAM, DNS, DHCP, ssh experience all good to
have, along with AutoYast in SuSE, Ansible would also be useful but not
• Most of the servers run in VMware virtualised environments, VMware experience
is useful but not essential as a separate team maintains it;
• Shell scripting – min 5 years’ experience: Bash (essential), korn, bourne.
Perl, Python (preferential);
• Administration of Java applications (any Java programming experience is good
but not essential) – must have knowledge of resource impacts, controls and how
to monitor and fault-find a java application, along with an understanding of
how a Java application works (JVM, threads, resource use and troubleshooting);
• JBOSS / Apache / WebSphere configuration and administration experience is
essential. MQ experience is nice to have but not essential;
• Deployment (CI / CD) tooling is useful to have but not essential. Jenkins /
Puppet is only used to prepare the Application server infrastructure;
• SVN / Git / GitHub repository and package build experience is useful, but not
• Ability to write brief but detailed and clear documentation and a good command
of written and spoken English with French and / or German being a nice to have,
but not essential;
• Awareness and experience with storage techniques and housekeeping utilities;
• Experience in Operational teams; Service delivery oriented and focused;
• A person who is proactive and a good team worker, that is prepared to advise
junior members of the team and share information and knowledge.
If you're interested in this offer please send us your application and updated CV to ---@--- mentioning the reference "REF-UNIXAPPADM"