Novo Portal de
Emprego das Tecnologias de Informação
Empresas em Destaque
We are currently looking forward to hire a smart and enthusiastic ETL Specialist to be hired by one of our clients directly - Porto.
Who are we?
As part of Rupeal group, KWAN is an IT Staffing company which specializes in the art of professional fulfillment, making sure that anyone who works with us, from clients to candidates, to consultants, is in the right path for achieving their motivations!
Purpose of the Position:
To support the Data Analysts across the organisation by providing a timely and efficient ETL process into a Data Warehouse. You will be responsible for all scheduled Data Loading from various data sources, and blending this data into the centralised Data Warehouse which underpins Business Intelligence and Analytical capability.
ETL operations from multiple sources into a centralised Data Warehouse, Data Warehouse
design and implementation, SQL query optimisation and reporting.
Main duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with business groups to gather, refine and document requirements for reporting projects (Including Data Warehouse, ETL and MicroStrategy changes).
- Plan, design and streamline ETL tasks, verifying Data Quality and Data Integrity as part of this process (Including reconciliation of key metrics).
- Be involved in the development lifecycle of all reporting projects (ETL, Database and Analytics)
- Implement continuous review and improvement of the ETL process, ensuring maximum throughput, efficiency and data quality, liaising with the DBA, and other relevant parties as needed.
- Provide data extracts from data sources not currently part of the Data Warehouse on an ad-hoc basis.
- Demonstrated experience of Data Loading, Data Integrity and Data Quality through the use of Talend Open Studio products.
- Practical understanding of multidimensional modeling, Data Warehousing concepts and methodologies, star/snowflake schemas, and how BI tools interact with the underlying data structure.
- Excellent analytical / problem-solving ability.
- Flexible and adaptable in the approach to address customer and business needs
- Desire to learn about cutting-edge technologies and apply them to our systems
- Ability to work under own initiative or as part of a team
Education & Experience
- A minimum of 2.1 in a Computer Science related degree or equivalent qualification
- 5 plus years in a global e-Commerce ETL Development role (Talend Certification desirable).
- An excellent knowledge of Data Warehousing design, development and management processes.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, effective knowledge-sharing skills and decision-making abilities.
- Fluent English is essential (both spoken and written)
- Experience of MicroStrategy desirable.
- Experience of Hadoop desirable.
Please apply here: https://goo.gl/xSN9d1